Forrer is Milwaukee’s leading workplace design + furnishings provider. We’re different from other dealerships in that our key focus is on helping local organizations address complex business issues like employee disengagement, talent attrition, inefficient real estate and worker wellbeing through strategic workplace consulting and design.
We’re growing, and we’re searching for an experienced interior designer to join our diverse design team. Forrer designers are an integral part of the full-cycle customer experience, from initial consulting through design development, installation and ongoing support. Our designers play a direct role in both securing new project opportunities and ensuring successful project execution while delivering memorable customer experiences.
Forrer is truly a great place to work. But don’t take it from us! Below is a list of the Top 5 Reasons our designers love working at Forrer:
- Forrer + Steelcase Partnership – Steelcase is the largest contract furniture manufacturer globally, but is also one of the world’s most innovative, forward-thinking and sustainable companies. Together, Forrer and Steelcase provide workplace knowledge, designs and solutions based on real-life research about how people work. We’ve been in business the longest, and have earned the reputation of being the top dealer/manufacturer pair in the Milwaukee area. Our products are the industry gold-standard, and Steelcase provides us with unmatched resources as we create amazing workplaces for our clients.
- Diverse Design Team – Our nine-person design team has created a strong, cohesive, team culture that leverages one another’s strengths, celebrates differences in experience and supports learning and development. Our design department uses high-quality graphics/gaming laptops and the best 3D rendering/specification technology on the market (SmartTools by CET) which makes specifying and creating compelling visuals incredibly easy, fast and fun.
- Professional Development – Employee development, learning and growth are crucial measures of our success as an organization. Forrer designers routinely attend conferences at Steelcase headquarters in Grand Rapids and other local/national design conferences to help them grow their skills and confidence. We also love to promote from within; the opportunities for you to grow with Forrer are plentiful – within and outside the design department.
- Innovation – By leveraging resources from Steelcase as well as our in-house design and marketing talent, we are constantly evolving our processes, technology, design techniques, showroom and marketing materials to present the best possible ideas and solutions to our customers. Over the past six months, we have conducted a variety of company-wide design activities, surveys and exercises to better understand individual and team needs as we prepare for our largest showroom renovation in 16 years. The project is underway and we will launch a completely re-designed workplace and showroom this summer!
- Culture – Our workplace culture is built on a foundation of trust and accountability. We do what we say we are going to do when we say we are going to do it. That accountability allows us to embrace flexibility and strongly promote work/life balance for our employees. We also “practice what we preach” when it comes to workplace design. Our workplace gives our entire team choice and control over where and how they work by providing a blend of settings to support focused work, collaboration, team work, socialization and wellbeing. Feel like standing? Raise your electronic height-adjustable worksurface. Want to get away? Camp out in a private work booth. Need to brainstorm? Visit the “Innovation Station”. All Forrer employees have access to laptops so they can choose places to work within the open office environment that suit their work mode, style and preferences.
Work is a huge part of who we are and where we spend the majority of our time. It’s important to really love what you do – and who you do it with. That is something that is really important to us at Forrer. Our most important focus as an organization is on our people. We strive to hire – and keep – not only great talent, but great talent that fits into our organizational culture – the “Forrer family”. Together, we make Forrer a great place to work and a place where our employees and customers want to spend their time.
If you’re a degreed interior designer with at least 5 years of experience in the contract furniture industry, we’d love to hear from you! Please email your interest and resume to email@example.com or apply via our website at http://www.forrerinteriors.com/career/designer/.
Please email your interest and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin or any other state or federal protected class. Forrer Business Interiors, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer functioning under an Affirmative Action Plan. All applicants are subject to appropriate pre-employment testing.