On November 12th, Forrer will host an education-focused CEU: “The Learning Optimized Library of the Future”. This two-hour session will feature a keynote by Mark Walters, Product Manager at Steelcase, Inc. followed by an exploration of exciting new products for the education environment.
There is no cost to attend. Lunch will be provided.
As libraries evolve, new tensions have emerged between learning activities and space design. Learn how to:
- Optimize performance through greater flexibility and user control
- Design a range of spaces that support social learning
- Include spaces for individual comfort and concentration
- Help students make the most of the library to increase student success
- Support the librarian’s evolving, expanding role as content expert, IT service provider, collaborator and educator
- 11 am – Noon – Keynote: Mark Walters
- Noon – Lunch served
- Noon – 1:00 pm – New product exploration (Thread, Brody) and Q+A
Pre-registration required. To register now, click here.
As the Category Product Manager for Steelcase Education Solutions, Mark Walters is responsible for product development for secondary and higher education learning environments. Mark uses his diverse background to lead teams in creating product solutions that support improved student engagement wherever learning happens.
Mark’s experience includes 9 years in product development for Steelcase and Turnstone (a Steelcase Company), 2 years as a Turnstone Business Development Manager for the Central U.S., and 4 years as a Workplace Consultant servicing the design and architecture community in San Francisco, California. He has a Masters degree in Business Administration from Western Michigan University.