Forrer is Milwaukee’s leading workplace design + furnishings provider. We’re different from other dealerships in that our key focus is on helping local organizations create dynamic work environments that boost employee engagement, attract the best talent and support employee wellbeing.
We’re growing, and we’re searching for an experienced interior designer to join our diverse design team. Forrer designers are an integral part of the full-cycle customer experience, from initial consulting through design development, furniture installation and completion. Our designers play a direct role in both securing new project opportunities and ensuring successful project execution while delivering memorable customer experiences.
Forrer is a great place to work. But don’t take it from us! Below is a list of the Top 5 Reasons our designers love working at Forrer:
- Forrer + Steelcase Partnership – Steelcase is the largest contract furniture manufacturer globally, but is also one of the world’s most innovative, forward-thinking and sustainable companies. Together, Forrer and Steelcase provide workplace knowledge, designs and solutions based on real-life research about how people work. We’ve been in business the longest, and have earned the reputation of being the top dealer/manufacturer pair in the Milwaukee area. Our products are the industry gold-standard, and Steelcase provides us with unmatched resources as we create amazing workplaces for our clients.
- Diverse Design Team – Our design team has created a strong, cohesive, team culture that leverages one another’s strengths and supports learning/development. And, we have access to the best 3D rendering + specification technology on the market (CET by Configura) which makes specifying and creating visuals incredibly easy, fast and fun.
- Professional Development – Employee development, learning and growth are crucial measures of our success as an organization. We routinely send our designers to conferences at Steelcase headquarters in Grand Rapids and other national design conferences to help them grow their skills and confidence. We also love to promote from within; the opportunities for you to grow with Forrer are plentiful – within and outside the design department.
- Innovation – By leveraging resources from Steelcase as well as our in-house design and marketing talent, we are constantly evolving our processes, technology, design techniques, showroom and marketing materials to present the best possible ideas and solutions to our customers. Last year, we conducted a variety of company-wide design activities, surveys and exercises to better understand individual and team needs as we prepared for our largest showroom renovation in 16 years.
- Culture – We recently conducted an employee engagement survey and got the most amazing feedback. We are not perfect – no company is. But the most consistent message from the survey results was that our employees love working with one another. We have a great blend of experienced, knowledgeable workers and young, enthusiastic talent who love learning from one another and create a super dynamic, high-energy workplace.
Work is a huge part of who we are and where we spend the majority of our time. It’s important to really love what you do – and who you do it with. That is something that is really important to us at Forrer. Our most important focus as an organization is on our people. We strive to hire – and keep! – not only great talent, but great talent that fits into our organizational culture. Together, we make Forrer a great place to work and a place where our employees and customers want to spend their time.
If you’re a degreed interior designer with at least 5 years of experience in the contract furniture industry, we’d love to hear from you!
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin or any other state or federal protected class. Forrer Business Interiors, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer functioning under an Affirmative Action Plan. All applicants are subject to appropriate pre-employment testing.