Forrer project managers serve as a critical interface between our customers, other building/interiors contractors and Forrer sales, design and operations staff to ensure project schedules, goals and priorities are understood. Project managers are directly responsible for the overall success of projects, as well as creating great experiences for customers and Forrer employees alike
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Planning & Scheduling: Evaluate individual projects and assist both customer and Forrer in determining preferred phasing, staff scheduling, shipping processes and special customer/site requirements. Prior to project installation beginning, responsible for attending construction meetings and reviewing all relevant customer documents, installation drawings, the physical site and staff schedules to ensure project preparedness. Maintain project pace in order to meet customer deadlines and adhere to labor budget. Support closing process as required and directed.
- Budgeting: Analyze new projects and set labor budgets by evaluating staffing, facility, travel, and complexity requirements. Continue to track ongoing projects to ensure pace and phasing are in line with pre-determined budget.
- Communication & Documentation: As main communication “hub” for the entire project, responsible for communicating project progress, status and exceptions on a daily basis with the customer, involved contractors and Forrer staff. Professional, positive and timely communication, both verbally and in writing, is crucial to this role.
- Staffing & Supervision: As overall project director, responsible for supervising union installation crews and contracted labor, using independent judgment to modify work schedules as needed to meet customer requirements, providing feedback to management on staff performance and ensuring all paperwork requirements (delivery/job tickets, time sheets, punch lists) are maintained and other necessary documents (security passes, certificates of insurance) are in order
- Quality Assurance: Inspect all projects, both during installation and after completion, documenting and communicating and quality issues promptly to Forrer staff and to the customer. Create and manage punch lists to ensure resolution of any issues, and use independent judgment and creativity to solve issues as quickly and cost-effectively as possible.
- Commitment to Safety: Promote and ensure that safety is practiced on all jobsites and that work rules and regulations are continuously followed to avoid unnecessary accidents and injuries. Remind crews to remove and dispose of packaging materials and maintain a clean and safe work environment.
- Follow Up: Complete and submit required paperwork including job tickets, delivery tickets, issue tickets, expense reports, timesheets, punchlists and installation drawings. Document activities and time by completing standard forms and records pertaining to job activities and time spent on job tasks.
ESSENTIAL JOB REQUIREMENTS
- Driving Requirements: Must maintain a valid state driver’s license and have access to reliable transportation to and from job sites as required. Must be able to transport materials as required.
- Hours and Work Environment: Individual must meet or exceed company productivity standards. Must be able to work a minimum of 40 hours per week. Must maintain a flexible work schedule, working in the office and at customer locations, with possible varying shifts and able to work overtime as required, including nights and weekends.
REQUIRED SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Quick-thinker, able to apply creative solutions to solve unique problems.
- Maintain professional and positive demeanor with customers, trades, peers and management.
- Punctual, highly organized and focused on details.
- Ability to listen attentively and follow directions.
- Proficient with basic computer skills including word processing, spreadsheet and email/calendaring applications.
- Ability to build relationships, good rapport and instill confidence.
- Self-motivated, self-directed, confident self-starter willing to accept responsibility for results; committed to excellence: accuracy in work and attention to detail; Sets high goals and standards for self and others.
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple projects, requests and deadlines and accomplish tasks with minimal supervision.
- Flexible and able to adapt to varying environments, tasks, people/personalities, and change in general.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Requires a bachelor’s degree and 2-5 years of related experience, or a minimum of 7 years of progressively-responsible related experience, or a combination of education and experience.
- Must have supervisory and customer service experience.
- Knowledge of systems furniture/contract furniture industry desired.
- Knowledge of blueprints/construction drawings required.
- Respectful: Empathy with a balanced ego
- Fun: Celebrate the moments
- Authentic: We are who we are
- Passionate: Love what you do
- Dedicated: To each other and the customer
PERKS OF WORKING FOR MILWAUKEE’S LEADING FURNITURE DEALERSHIP
- We were named one of Milwaukee’s Coolest Offices by the Milwaukee Business Journal!
- Most individual workspaces have electronic height-adjustable desks so you can sit or stand while working – we even have a treadmill desk!
- Our office features tons of collaborative areas for brainstorming and lounge areas for relaxing or concentrative work including a “Work Cafe” equipped for dining, socializing or casual meetings.
- We love to have fun and celebrate together – at work and outside of work – with lots of social events.
- This is a full-time position with a complete compensation package, including health benefits, paid holidays and vacation, 401k and more.